How to enable Social Media login in your Mobile App?
With Social Media login, app users can sign up or login into the app much faster. Google+, Facebook and Twitter are most common social media platforms used by netizens. And you can enable Social Media login through your Firebase Console. Here’s how:
Instructions to enable Google+ login:
1. Go to your Firebase Console. If you have already added Firebase to your app, skip to step 9.
2. Click Add Project.
3. Enter Project name, Project id and Country; and click Create Project.
4. Click on your app on the dashboard.
5. Click Android image to add Firebase to your Android App.
6. Enter Android Package Name and App nickname, and then click REGISTER APP.
7. In the step ‘Download config file’ click CONTINUE.
8. Click FINISH in the next step ‘Add Firebase SDK’.
9. You can now see the overview of app users and crashes on the dashboard. Click the gear icon in the top-left corner and go to Project settings.
10. Click Add Fingerprint. Thenpaste the SHA-1 key in the ‘Certificate fingerprint popup’ and click Save. Click Download google-services.json button to download the config file.
Note: Request SHA1 key from TM Store.
11. Enter FCM Server Key and Secret ID, and upload google-services.json file onhttps://manage.thetmstore.com/app/app-social-settings. With the file uploaded, you will get your updated App build with Google+ login enabled.
Instructions to enable Facebook login:
1. Go to www.developers.facebook.com and click Get Started which will open a popup.
2. Click Next to create ‘Facebook for Developers’ account.
3. Click Next after entering App Name and Contact Email.
4. Complete ‘First App’ and ‘Tell us about you’. You can also choose to skip these steps.
5. After registering your app, go to My Apps and click on your App name.
6. Copy the app details like API Version, App ID and App Secret (click Show to make App Secret visible) and paste it to https://manage.thetmstore.com/app/app-social-settings.
7. You can edit app details and also access App ID and App Secret from Basic Settings. Go to sidebar and click Settings -> Basic.
9. Click +Add Platform to add the website of your app.
10. Click the Website icon.
11. Enter the Site URL and click Save Changes.
12. Next Step is to add your Android App. Click Add Platform and select the Android icon.
13. Enter Google Play Package Name and Class Name. Request for Key Hashes from TM Store and enter it in the Settings page. Also, enable SingleSign On and other options as shown in the image. Click Save Changes to update the details.
14. A Popup titled ‘Google Play Package Name’ would appear. Click Use this package name.
15. Click Add Platform and select Apple icon to add your iOS App.
16. Enter Bundle ID, iPhone Store ID and iPad Store ID.
17. Click ‘App Review’ on the sidebar and make the app public.
18. Click Confirm.
19. Go back to Dashboard and you can see your public app with green tag. Click + Add Product on the sidebar.
20. Go to ‘Facebook Login’ section and click Set Up.
21. Edit ‘Client OAuth Settings’ as shown in the image below and then click Save Changes.